About the Youth Project
What is the Youth Project?
The ZBGC Youth Project works with LGBTI and mainstream health and human service providers to improve support to young trans and gender diverse Victorians by:
- providing education and training on trans and gender diverse youth & inclusive practice;
- providing consultation services regarding trans and gender diverse youth inclusive practice;
- working with partner agencies to develop resources and training for health and human service workers;
- working in and with trans and gender diverse communities; and
- supporting the activities of trans and gender diverse youth groups and organisations.
This project is funded by the Department of Health under the HEY Project grant scheme. Of the funded agencies, ZBGC is the only gender-specific agency.
The HEY Project is a consortium of seven agencies working together to support the development and delivery of programs aimed at improving the mental health of LGBTIQ, questioning and non-gender binary young people. ZBGC’s role is to provide youth-specific programs that specialise in working with trans and gender diverse youth.
For further details and discussion of training requirements visit the Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth Training page or contact Starlady (ZGBC Youth Project Officer) by:
T: 03 83984117 M: 0429070270
(Work Days: Monday to Wednesday)