Resources for workers
- Brochures and Reports by Organisation Intersex International Australia that cover a range of issues relevant to those working with the intersex community.
- TranZnation a 2008 report into the health and wellbeing of Australia and NZ’s intersex and gender diverse populations.
- Shining the Light 10 Keys to Become A Trans Positive Service (UK) for LGBT organisations.
- TransRespect101 by Micah Bazant, a short guide to respecting and supporting the trans community.
- Rainbow Network’s How to Support Intersex and Gender Diverse clients in Youth Service Checklist.
- Concerns for Service Providers When Assisting Transgender Clients by the Sydney Gender Centre.
- However You Want To See Me, I’m Just Me: Stories from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Gay Men, Lesbians and Sistergirls, published by ACON.
- Domestic Violence: A resource for trans people (UK) looks to assist trans people who are experiencing domestic and family violence.
- It’s Not Rocket Science by the Gender Centre, Sydney, on making gender specific homelessness support services more inclusive for transgender clients.
Medical and Health Practitioners
- Rainbow Health Ontario has a number of resources including Tips For Providing Paps to Trans Men.
- Supporting Sex and Gender Diverse (Trans) Clients by the Queensland Association for Healthy Communities.
- Transforming Health published by the Open Society Foundation profiles 16 projects from 12 twelve countries that address barriers to healthcare for the trans community.
- Gender Identity and Research Education Society (UK) has resources for schools on transphobic bullying, including the Transphobic Bullying Toolkit.
- Beyond the Binary is a toolkit for gender identity activisim in school (USA).
- Teaching Intersex by Emi Koyama and Dr. Lisa Weasel with the Intersex Society of North America for teachers in women’s, gender and queer studies.
Note: Terminology used in the above reflects that used in the resources and publications referred to. ZBGC does not necessarily agree with all of the views and opinions expressed in all of the resources.